Makes 6 Muffins
A great combination of fruit, vegetable, nut, and coconut ingredients, this muffin is a healthy, fiber-rich addition to any breakfast or brunch.
- 3 Tbs. organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 large pastured organic eggs
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract or vanilla flavor
- ¼ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ Tbs. organic unrefined coconut sugar
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded organic carrot
- ¼ cup organic raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest (optional)
- 2 Tbs. organic unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 6 muffin cups with coconut oil. Mix together eggs, remaining coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Add in salt, baking soda, cinna-mon, and coconut sugar. Whisk coconut flour into batter until there are no lumps. Fold in shredded carrot, raisins, and nuts.
- Fill muffin cups with batter, and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Bake 20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack, then refrigerate.
Via Better Nutrition.